You will be required to pay for all your meals whilst you are in Port Moresby.
- The Trek Master and the team organise and cook all your meals. They also take care of the washing up. The porters are also well catered for with food on the Track.
- Breakfasts we have cereals, usually Weet-Bix or porridge, rice cakes with spread and limited fruits depending on availability, tea, coffee, biscuits, sometimes pancakes and damper.
- Lunches are often canned meats spam, beef and fish, fruit, cheeses, biscuits, spreads, rice crackers and snack bars (We do not cook lunches)
- Dinners are fresh local vegies, potatoes, rice and pastas with the cooks special PNG mixes rotated on alternative nights. Pre Dinner snacks is varied may be soup, popcorn, biscuits. Tea and coffee is available.
- The meals are large filling and very nourishing.
- Food may vary due to season and/or availability.
- We recommend you take your own energy treats/snacks e.g. lollies, muesli bars, energy bars, protein bars, trail mix etc for extra supplements. (Enough for the duration of your trek)
Kokoda Spirit needs to be advised when booking if there are any particular dietary requirements. We do our best to manage your requirements, but accept no responsibility due to availability. Supplements may be implemented. We are able to supply Gluten Free and Vegetarian menus on request, we do need to be advised at least 6 weeks prior to trek departure.
Below is a general outline of meals whilst on the trek.
PEANUTS – when cooking our meals some of our sauces have peanuts traces, our porters and trekkers do eat peanuts, muesli bars and biscuits which may contain peanuts. Upon booking it is a trekkers responsibility to advise Kokoda Spirit if they have any allergy to Peanuts.