Welcome From Wayne the Owner of Wild Spirit Adventures.
I started in the adventure business in 2004 to follow my passion in seeing others achieve, inspire and challenge themselves.
So far…we have seen over 10000 trekkers come on some extraordinary adventures with us!
Kokoda was the birth of my adventure business and over the years we have been lucky to be able to deliver some other amazing destinations in Australia like the Larapinta Trail in the Northern Territory and the Cradle Mountain/Overland Track in Tasmania.
Our Larapinta Trail and Northern Territory treks are a connection to people, culture and country.
Our Larapinta trail trip is great for the soul and will revitalise and empower you.
Trekking through Australia’s Red Centre, the spiritual heart of Australia is an extraordinary experience.
The Landscape that the Larapinta trail winds through is a place before our time.
Larapinta is about a belonging and understanding of ancient culture, landscape and ourselves.
Some of my proudest achievements to date have been;
- Organising and leading Australian Paralympian Legend Kurt Fearnley as he successfully crawled across the Kokoda track.
- I have worked closely and trekked with Paralympian and Adventurer Michael Milton, Paralympian, Author and Motivational, speaker Don Elgin.
- I have led and trekked with Rugby League Legend, Paul “The Chief” Harragon, NRL Premiership winning players Mark Hughes, Billy Peden, Australian Rugby League representive players David Fairleigh, Kurt Gidley, Mat Gidley, Danny Buderus, Matty Johns, Russell Richardson, Steve Menzies and Brad Godden, Cams Cause and MHF.
- I have led and trekked with Manu Feidel from MKR, Kate Peck model and MTV presenter, Miss Universe Australia Laura Dundovic and Miss World Australia Erin Holland.
- Kokoda Spirit has also been privileged enough to be the chosen trekking company by the producers of “Kokoda” the movie and has appeared on Channel Seven’s Sunday Night Program and Channel Seven’s Today Tonight program.
- Journalist and television presenter, Simon Bouda, Channel 9, chose Kokoda Spirit to assist with live coverage of 2017, 75th Anniversary ANZAC Day ceremony at Isurava Memorial.
- I rode from Brisbane to Townsville in 8 days averaging over 200km per day.
- I caged dived with the Great White sharks of Port Lincoln and I have thrown myself out of a perfectly good plane skydiving 4 times.
Some of my Current trek Stats:
- 95 crossings of the Kokoda Track, including the first Kokoda Coast to Coast crossing from Buna on the North Coast to Port Moresby, a triple Kokoda crossing, a fast two-day, Kokoda crossing, the race distance, 2 nights 3 days Kokoda Ultra Marathon on three occasions.
- Everest base camp – 6 treks
- My Kilimanjaro – 6 summits
- Mt Kinabulu – 13 summits
- Mt Fuji (Japan) – one summit
- 12 treks across the infamous Sandakan Death March in Borneo including the Borneo Coast to Coast Challenge.
- 6 Kakadu, Lichfield Arnhem Land expeditions.
- Larapinta Trail End to End
- Overland Track
I would like to sincerely thank those who have trekked with me, walked along side me and helped me to help others succeed. To watch others, achieve what is sometimes an extraordinary lifetime dream or what once would have been an impossible task is absolutely mind blowing. I am continually inspired by the people and the stories I am surrounded by. One thing is for sure… likeminded people come together in challenging circumstances, and at times I am privileged enough to witness lives changing. Trekking is an empowering lifestyle, how lucky am I.